Pages

Brand Yourself

April 27, 2013


Why is branding yourself so important? In the business world this might be one of the most important things you do. Branding yourself is giving yourself an identity in the fashion business. This is a great way to self-promote yourself or your blog. A personal brand should include but not limited too: a logo, business card, letterhead and eMail signature. As a student who is studying fashion, I was fortunate enough to complete this task for a class assignment. There is no greater feeling then knowing that you created your brand and that it's original. Some great programs that you can work with to create your personal brand are Adobe Photoshop CS6 and Adobe Illustrator CS6. These two programs have been my saving grace in developing my blog and my personal brand.

Above you will find my final branded products (letterhead, business card, logo and email signature). Check back in a few weeks because I will be revamping the blog and printing my business cards out. I can't wait to show you the final product. When thinking of a logo for your personal brand, stay true to yourself, try working with symbols, symbols with text, text only, etc. You'll know when you get it right. Below are some of my favorite brand logos, I'm sure you'll recognize all of them immediately. 

xoxo,
Alicia G.



2 comments:

  1. Agreed! I started re-evaluating my blog and developing a brand for myself recently. Having business cards and a media kit is definitely a bonus in being taken seriously! I've also noticed that "big brands" stick to simple type and basically one word.... interesting.
    Thanks for the post!
    -jen
    www.stylecurated.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jen, I have recently been focusing on developing my brand. I hadn't thought about a media kit, which is a great idea. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

    xoxo,
    Alicia G.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. It means so much to me! Check back soon because I respond to ever reader. I heart you!